- Courses - Undergraduate
- Introductory English 2; Introductory English 3; Introductory English 4; High-frequnecy Vocabulary; Vocabulary: Theory and Practice
- Courses - Graduate
- EFL; ESL; Vocabulary Acquisition; Corpus Linguistics; English For Specific Purposes; Language in Sports; Formulaic Language; Need Analysis; Curriculum Design
- Educational Background, Biography
- Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 2020
- Current Research Theme
- Investigating the lexicon of rugby spoken discourse.
- Key Topic
- Vocabulary; English for Specific Purposes; Corpus Linguistics; Needs Analysis
- Affiliated Academic Society
- Sports, especially rugby
- School days' Dream
- Become a police office or and All Black
- Current Dream
- Help 2nd language rugby players and coaches overcome the language barrier.
- Kia kaha
- Favorite Books
- 'green Mile' by Stephen King
- Messages for Students
- Don't be shy. Language can really be difficult and being scared to make mistakes is a normal feeling. But if you don't try, you wont succeed.
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization
Dissertation and Published Works
Benson, S. (2020). Dot the Pill down: Investigating the linguistic needs of foreign rugby players and lexicon of spoken rugby discourse. (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand.