Senior Associate Professor
- Center for Language Research (CLR)
- Senior Associate Professor
- Courses - Undergraduate
- Listening & Speaking 1, Listening & Speaking 2,Reading & Writing 1, Reading & Writing 2,Speaking & Writing 3, English for Active Communication,Design of Human Language,Thesis Writing
- Courses - Graduate
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)PhonologySpeech Perception
- Educational Background, Biography
- Ph.D. in English (Language and Linguistics) University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, May 2010
- Current Research Theme
- Learning stress/intonation patterns of English and marking phrasal boundaries in speech
- Key Topic
- Speech perceptionLoanword adaptationL2 phonology
- Affiliated Academic Society
- American Association for Applied Linguistics
- School days' Dream
- I wanted to become a teacher.
- Current Dream
- Now I want to become a "good" teacher!
- The world is your oyster.
- Favorite Books
- "The Good Earth" by Pearl S. Buck "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho
- Messages for Students
- The world is your oyster! You can become whatever you want to become.
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization
Dissertation and Published Works
Dissertation: Vowel Insertion as Perceptual Intrusion in Loanword Adaptation
Heo, Younghyon & Hyowon Song. 2014. "The Influence of Native-like Parsing Practice on Reading Comprehension," Proceedings of The 5th Conference on Teaching and Learning of English in Asia. to appear.
Kaneko, Emiko, Younghyon Heo, Gregory K. Iverson & Ian Wilson. "Quasi-neutralization in the Japanese Acquisition of English Coronal Fricatives," Journal of Second Language Pronunciation. to appear.
Heo, Younghyon & Hyowon Song. 2014. "The Influence of Partner Acquaintanceship in an EFL Speaking Test," Journal of Language Sciences 21(2).193-210.
Heo, Younghyon & Hyowon Song. 2013. "The Effect of Familiarity between Partners on EFL Oral Performance," Applied Linguistics in Asia: Global and Local Perspectives. Seoul: Hankuk Munhwasa, pp. 360-362.
Heo, Younghyon & Hanyong Park. 2012. "American Learners' Identification of Korean Vowel Categories," Harvard Studies in Korean Linguistics XIV: Harvard-Yenching Institute, pp. 77-84.