Professor, Director of Information Systems and Technology Center
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering/Division of Computer Engineering
- Professor, Director of Information Systems and Technology Center
- Courses - Undergraduate
- CSE Exercise I, Computer Architecture, Embedded Systems
- Courses - Graduate
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Computer Engineering/Information Science
- Educational Background, Biography
2013-present, Professor, The University of Aizu
2002-2013, Associate Professor, The University of Aizu
1999-2001, Assistant Professor, Osaka University
1991-1999, Research Associate, Osaka University
- Current Research Theme
- Design and verification methods for safety embedded systems, Heuristic methods for combinatorial optimization problems
- Key Topic
- Embedded Systems, Formal Approach, Heuristic Methods, Hardware Acceleration
- Affiliated Academic Society
- IEICE, IPSJ
- Reading, Music(Listening and DIY of Audio Equipments)
- School days' Dream
- First PC was put on the market as my junior high school student, then I was very interested in it and would like to master it.
- Current Dream
- In the book of life, the answers are not in the back.
- Favorite Books
- Paul Auster, John Irving, Julian Barnes, Natsuki Ikezawa, and etc.
- Messages for Students
- Please get interested in many things.
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization
- Demand-addressable Sensor Network: for Demand-driven Large-scale Sensor Network
The aim of this research project is to construct a wide-area sensor network that interprets users’ abstract sensing demands. The network then finds the sensors that hold the data which satisfies the demand, mashes up the collected data within the network along with useful information from other systems, and finally enables the user’s terminal to display it in real time. The sensor network itself has an environmental adaptability that allows each sensor node to consider its surroundings and the user-issued requests, and which will then dynamically change its role to actively acquire the desired sensing data autonomously.
Dissertation and Published Works
Shuichi Watanabe and Junji Kitamichi and Kenichi Kuroda,"A Hardware Algorithm for the Minimum p-Quasi Clique Cover Problem,"17th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON FIELD PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC AND APPLICATIONS(FPL 2007), 2007.
Hiroki Saito, Yoichi Tomioka and Junji Kitamichi,"Proposing a Highly Reliable Real-Time Operating System for a Processor with a Fault Self-detecting Mechanism," 13th International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems, 2016.
Sho Ikeda, Yoichi Tomioka, Junji Kitamichi,"Parallel Computing of Neural Network Algorithm for Fixed Channel Assignment Problem in Cellular Radio Networks with CUDA," The 2017 International Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and Its Applications, 2017.
Dai Funayama and Junji Kitamichi,"Modeling a Safety Embedded System Considering External Factors using LTSA," 2017 Touhoku-Section Joint Convention of Institutes of Electrical and Information Engineers, 2017.
Dai Funayama, Youichi Tomioka & Junji Kitamichi,"Proposal of Hazard Analysis Method extending STPA using State Transition Diagram," European STAMP Workshop & Conference (ESWC), 2018.