Senior Associate Professor
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering/Division of Information Systems
- Senior Associate Professor
- Web site
- Courses - Undergraduate
- Algorithms and Data StructureProgramming C++
- Courses - Graduate
- Advanced Signal ProcessingSpatial Hearing and Virtual 3D Sound
- Sound Signal ProcessingAuditory Modeling
- Educational Background, Biography
B. Eng. degree from Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan, 1985.
M. Eng. and D. Eng. degrees from Nagoya University, 1987 and 1991.
System engineer, 1991-1993.
Frontier research scientist, the Bio-Mimetic Control Research Center, the Institute of Physical and Chemical Research (RIKEN), Japan, 1993-1998.
Visiting researcher, GMD German National Research Center for Information Technology, 1997-1998.
Currently, senior associate professor, University of Aizu, Human Interface Lab.
- Current Research Theme
- 3D sound system development,Environmental sound analysis
- Key Topic
- 3D sound,Environmental sound
- Affiliated Academic Society
- IEICE, AES, IEEE, ASJ
- Ski, tennis
- School days' Dream
- Current Dream
- Research on sound and audition
- Favorite Books
- Messages for Students
- Publications other than one's areas of specialization
Dissertation and Published Works
1. K. Tanno, A. Saji and J. Huang, "A 3D sound generation system with horizontally arranged five-channel loudspeakers", IEICE Trans. Inf. & Syst., J97-D, 5, 2014.
2. X. Guo, Y. Toyoda, H. Li, J. Huang, S. Ding, and Y. Liu. "Environmental sound recognition using time-frequency intersection patterns", Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing, 2012(ID650818), 2012.
3. H. Li, Y. Luo, J. Huang, T. Kanemoto, M. Guo, and F. Tang, "New acoustic monitoring method using cross-correlation of primary frequency spectrum", J. Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, 3(1), January 2012.
4. H. Li, J. Huang, M. Guo, and Q. Zhao, "Spatial localization of concurrent multiple sound sources using phase condidate histogram", J. Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, 15(9):1277--1286, 2011.
5. H. Li, J. Huang, and Q. Zhao, "Position identification by actively localizing spacial sound beacons", IEICE Trans. Inf. \& Syst., E94-D(3):632--638, March 2011
6. Huang, J. and Supaongprapa, T. and Terakura, I and Wang, F. and Ohnishi, N. and Sugie, N., "A Model Based Sound Localization System and Its Application to Robot Navigation", Robotics and Autonomous Systems (Elsevier Science), Vol.27, No.4, pp.199-209, 1999.
7. Huang, J. and Ohnishi, N. and Guo, X. and Sugie, N., "Echo Avoidance in a Computaional Model of the Precedence Effect", Speech Communication (Elsevier Science), Vol.27, No.3-4, pp.223-233, 1999.
8. Huang, J. and Ohnishi, N. and Sugie, N., "Building Ears for Robots: Sound Localization and Separation", Artificial Life and Robotics (Springer-Verlag), Vol.1, No.4, pp.157-163, 1997.
9. Jie Huang, Noboru Ohnishi and Noboru Sugie, "Sound Localization in Reverberant Environment based on the Model of the Precedence Effect", IEEE Trans. Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol.46, No.4, pp.842-846, August 1997.
10. Jie Huang, Noboru Ohnishi and Noboru Sugie, "A Biomimetic System for Localization and Separation of Multiple Sound Sources", IEEE Trans. Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol.44, No.3, pp.733-738, June 1995.