In order to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) infection, we will suspend the exchange activities for a while.
We will inform you about the resumption date on our website.
Thank you for your understanding.
Purpose of Community Exchange
UoA students are willing to interact with a local community in Aizuwakamatsu.
Office for Strategy of International Programs (OSIP) is to offering the supporting opportunities of activities among international students and local community for deepen the global and cross-cultural understanding. We believe this activities would help to revitalize the local community.
In addition, having a precious and valuable time cannot be experienced only in our campus life, it is also great opportunity to deepen understanding of the culture and tradition of Aizu region.
Contents of Activities
Activities which should be contributed to the revitalization of the local community and to deepen global and cross-cultural for both students and local people.
The content of the activities is up to the organizers and we hope that it will be fruitful and continuous for both the local community and students
Examples of Past Activities
- Visiting elementary school in Aizuwakamatsu city and introduce of home country by our international student (both in English and Japanese)
- Agricultural life style Experience
- Local traditional craft making Experience, and so on..
- Main purpose is the profit (Commercial activities)
- Using students as a labor
- Violation of public order and morality
- Related to specific religions and political organizations
- Exclusion of a particular country or race
- Others;determine the activities in a apropriate
Notes for preparing the application
- Participants are chosen depend on the student's avarability, so we may not be able to fulfill you request of the number of participants. Also, there may be cancellations or changes in the number of participants due to the circumstances of the students.
- We may not be able to accept your request during on the regular examination or season.
- Please prepare recreation insurance for students by organizer.
- Some students are not familiar with Japanese customs and culture, especialy, those who have just arrived in Japan. Please kindly understand.
- You cannot specify the nationality or gender of international students. If you have request of nationality, gender or other reasons with any special reasons, please contact us in advance.
- It takes about 1.5 months to arrange the event from application date to the date of event. Please apply for the schedule in advance.
Submission / Contact
Please fill in the following form as the Request for International Exchange via e-mail, post mail or fax.
From request for international exchange ‣Request form
Office for Strategy of International Program Center for Globalization The University of Aizu
Tsuruga, Ikki-machi, Aizu-Wakamatsu Fukushima, 965-8580 Japan
Tel: +81 (0)242-37-2761 / Fax: +81 (0)242-37-2766
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.