New Value Created Through Computer Science and Engineering
The University of Aizu conducts various forms of collaborative research with partners including private companies, local governments, and specialized institutes in order to create innovation and promote and develop industry. Our university-academia-government collaboration coordinators will introduce you to the computer science researchers best suited for your collaborative research theme, so please feel free to contact them.
New Demonstration Test on a Fully Off-grid Solar Carport with Storage Batteries
Wildlife Detection System (A device for automatically detecting and provide warnings and notifications about bears and other animals using image recognition AI)
The University conducts three types of collaborative research, which is selected according to the needs of our companies or other collaborators. Collaborators can receive tax incentives that allow them to deduct a certain amount of research expenses from their corporate taxes.
- Collaborative research on a shared theme conducted by UoA researchers with researchers, direct research funding, and overhead from the collaborators
- Expenses = Direct Expenses + Overhead + Collaborative Researcher Expenses
- Collaborative research on a shared theme conducted by UoA researchers with only researchers from the collaborators
- Expenses = Collaborative Researcher Expenses
- Collaborative research on a shared theme conducted by UoA researchers with only direct research funding and overhead from the collaborators
- Expenses = Direct Expenses + Overhead
This is a type of research where the University conducts research commissioned by a company or other consigner who is bearing the direct and indirect costs of the research.
Scholarship donations refer to donations made by companies and other entities for the purpose of encouraging education and academic research. As these donations are made to Fukushima Prefecture, the founder of the university, the full amount of the donation can be deducted as an expense.
- University-Business Innovation Center (UBIC)
- Overview of Industry-Academia Collaboration (Japanese Text Only)
Our Track Record
University-Business Innovation Center (UBIC)
Base facility for industry-academia-government collaboration