1. Subsidy Program for Students Attending Conferences
AIZU ZAIDAN fund
- Subsidizing travel expenses for students attending a conference to make a paper presentation (Recommendation of research advisors is REQUIRED.)
- Eligible conferences
- Overseas conference（※Refereed paper REQUIRED）
- Domestic conference
- Online conference
- Eligible students
- Undergraduate & graduate school students
- Payment method
- One-off subsidy per student during his/her enrollment at the UoA (either in the undergraduate or graduate school)
- The fund will be transferred to individual students' bank account.
- Amount of subsidy
- <Overseas conference> The fixed amount of 40,000 yen per applicant
<Domestic conference> A prescribed amount by the venue *Details is here
<Online conference> The amount of 40,000 yen(However, if the amount is less than 40,000 yen, that amount（rounded down to the nearest hundred yen))
- Application to other subsidy programs
<Overseas conference，Online conference> Applicants can apply for this subsidy program along with other subsidy programs for an overseas conference, including a subsidy with research funding for faculty, etc.
<Domestic conference> Applicants must NOT apply for this subsidy program along with any other subsidy programs for a domestic conference
*It is impossible to make up for the deficit from research funds.
- Unacceptable application
- Any applications with an itinerary including a destination irrelevant to the purpose of the travel are NOT accepted.
- AIZU ZAIDAN might terminate the distribution of the grant in the middle of a fiscal year to stay within a set budget.
2. Application Procedures
Please take note of the items indicated below to prepare and submit all the necessary documents to the Administrative Office by the submission deadline.
(*Please see the "Sample" for details to prepare the application documents.)
AIZU ZAIDAN fund
- SIX(6) WEEKS before the date of departure to the conference
- Application documents
- Application form
- Summary of the conference and research
- Recommendation letter by the research advisor
- Photocopy of the conference program, etc. (Website, Program, etc.)
- Letter/e-mail of acceptance for paper presentation at the conference
- Abstract of the paper (one A4-size page)
- Photocopy of the full text of the paper (in original language)
- Photocopy of your bankbook
- Notice of Acceptance
- Applicants are notified of review results four or five weeks after making applications.
- Documents written in English must be accompanied by Japanese translation, excluding (7) and (8) above.
- Use of white-out (correction fluid) is NOT acceptable.
3. Submission of Report
After attending conferences, a report must be submitted. Please prepare all the required documents and submit them by following the rules described below to the Administrative Office.
(*Please see "Sample" files for details of required documents.)
(*Every form must be completed in Japanese.)
AIZU ZAIDAN fund
- Report submission deadline
- Within A MONTH after attending a conference
- What to submit
- Report form
- Written explanation on achievements attained by attending the conference
- Photos of the presentation at the conference
- Materials given at the Conference
- AIZU ZAIDAN might request some students to make an oral report at a debriefing session at a later date.
Collaboration and Assistance Section, Planning and Collaboration Division
- 1st floor of the Administration Complex
- Office hours
- 8:30am-12:00pm / 1:00pm-5:15pm
- 0242-37-2511 (Ext: 2112)