The University of Aizu is Seeking a "Globalization Promotion Staff"
Center for Globalization
The University of Aizu
The Center for Globalization and the Student Affairs Section at the University of Aizu is seeking a person for a part-time staff position as follows:
Globalization Promotion Staff (1 person)
- Work Location
Center for Globalization and the Student Affairs Division, The University of Aizu
The Center's responsibility is to promote globalization of the university by providing support for dispatching and receiving students to/from overseas, etc. for various global related academic business.
- For detailed activities, please refer to the following two official sites:
- OSIP： https://www.u-aizu.ac.jp/osip/en/
- SGU: https://www.u-aizu.ac.jp/sgu/en/
Main tasks related to support for international students
(1) Management of international cultural exchange events on- and off-campus
(2) Administrative assistance for the Support Association for International Students of the University of Aizu (SAISUA)
(3) Assistance in career counseling for international students who wish to find employment in Japan
(4) Assistance for international students to settle in to the university
- Qualifications (points to be considered for selection)
- Those who have English proficiency of TOEIC 730 or equivalent
- Those who are able to work using general office software and/or applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint both in Japanese and English
- Those who know or can learn to do website updates both in Japanese and English
- Those who are able to perform student service counter work, responding to telephone calls, and holding meetings in both Japanese and English
- Term of Employment
From 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024 (possibility of reappointment)
- Hiring Conditions
- Days and Hours of Work
- Maximum work days and hours shall be 17 days per month and 29 hours per week.
- 9 a.m.～5:15 p.m. (Lunch hour: 12:00~13:00)
- Salary: 10,800 yen /day
- Commuting Allowance
Depending on the method and distance for commute, based on the provisions of the University.
- Commuting Allowance
Employment, compensation, health and pension will be covered.
- Paid Leave
Paid Leave shall be given annually based on University regulations
- Days off:
Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays and Year-end and new-year day-off
However, when the President deems it particularly necessary for the operation of the business, it shall be determined separately.
- How to Apply
- Application package must arrive no later than 5 p.m., February 10, 2023 (Fri).
- Hand-carry the application package to the Center on campus yourself or mail via JP Mail Service.
- Application should include (application will not be returned):
- Hello Work referral letter (for those who are introduced through Hello Work ad.)
- Resume with photograph and e-mail address
- Work-experience record (Free format (A4 size vertical), work experience and motivation for applying for this position must be written specifically).
- Copy of score sheet of TOEIC, TOEFL or equivalent English test.
- Selecting Method
Document screening and interview. Interview will be held both in English and Japanese.
- Interview date
Applicants who pass the document screening will be interviewed on
February 16, 2023 (Thu).
- Interview time will be informed after submission of application package.
- The method of interview may be via Zoom due to COVID-19 prevention measures.
Center for Globalization, Administration Office
Rm. 123 Research Quadrangles,
90, Tsuruga, Ikki-machi, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima 965-8580