Information on Remote Classes for Students With a High Risk of Severe COVID-19
If you wish to attend classes remotely in the 1st Semester of AY2023 due to underlying conditions that put you at a high risk of severe COVID-19 if infected (such as diabetes, heart failure, and COPD and other respiratory diseases), please submit a Request for Remote Classes Due to High Risk as follows.
*Scope of individuals with underlying conditions
1. Required documents
1) Request for Remote Classes Due to High COVID-19 Risk
2) Medical certificate (free format, only an original copy is acceptable.)
2. How to submit a request
Submit the above documents in person to the Academic Affairs Section of the Student Affairs Division or send them to the following address.
[Academic Affairs Section, Student Affairs Division, University of Aizu:
90 Kami-iawase, Tsuruga, Ikki-machi, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima 965-8580]
3. Submission deadline
Requests will be accepted at any time.
4. Points to note
1) After submission of the request, it will be determined by the Student Affairs Division whether it is possible to grant the considerations and determined by the course's instructor whether remote classes can provide sufficient educational effect. (*Should the instructor determine that remote classes will not provide sufficient educational effect, the course will not be offered remotely.)
2) Once a request has been granted, the instructor will inform you of the date and time to start remote classes. However, depending on when you submit your request, you may not be able to attend first few classes remotely.
3) The university will conduct final examinations in person for all students, including those who attended courses remotely, in order to ensure impartiality in the examination environment and to prevent academic dishonesty. Please follow the instructions of your instructors regarding final examinations.
4) Granted requests will remain effective until the end of the 1st Semester of AY2023.
Academic Affairs Section, Student Affairs Division, the University of Aizu,
Phone: 0242-37-2600, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ]