Information on Remote Classes for Students With a High Risk of Severe COVID-19
If you wish to attend classes remotely in AY2022 due to underlying conditions such as diabetes, heart failure, or respiratory diseases (COPD, etc.) that puts you at a high risk of severe COVID-19 if infected, you will be allowed to do so. Please submit the Request for Remote Classes Due to High COVID-19 Risk as follows.
1. Required documents
(1) Request for Remote Classes Due to High COVID-19 Risk
(2) Medical certificate (free format, only an original copy is acceptable.)
2. How to submit a request
Submit the above documents in person to the Academic Affairs Section of the Student Affairs Division or send them to the following address.
[Academic Affairs Section, Student Affairs Division, the Public University Corporation, the University of Aizu :
90 Kami-iawase, Tsuruga, Ikki-machi, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima 965-8580]
3. Submission deadline
Requests will be accepted at any time.
4. Points to note
(1) Requests will be granted once they are determined by the Academic Affairs Section to be necessary and it is determined by the instructor that remote classes for the course provide sufficient educational effect. Should the instructor determine that remote classes for the course will not provide sufficient educational effect, remote classes will not be conducted.
(2) Once a request has been granted, the instructor will inform you of the date and time to start remote classes. However, you may not be able to attend first few classes remotely depending on when you submit your request.
(3) The university will conduct final examinations in person for all students including those who attended courses remotely in order to ensure impartiality in the examination environment and to prevent academic dishonesty. Please follow the instructions of your instructors regarding final examinations.
(4) Granted requests will remain effective until the end of AY2022.
Academic Affairs Section, Student Affairs Division, the University of Aizu,
Phone: 0242-37-2600, E-mail: email@example.com ]